The purposes of the Vancouver Island Shakespeare Arts Society are:
- To provide world-class Shakespeare theatre in a seaside setting for Victoria, Vancouver Island and British Columbia;
- To provide high quality play productions at affordable prices while giving gainful employment to local performers, actors, artists and technicians;
- To share facilities and assets for free or at-cost for the betterment of other artists, such as dancers, scholars, film makers, writers, singers, musicians of all genres, painters, sculptors, architects, et al;
- To share facilities and assets for free or at-cost to the greater non-profit community groups in Victoria, on Vancouver Island and around British Columbia;
- To provide completely free acting education and training for children, teenagers and young adults in the VISAS Stratford School;
- To organize tours to outlying communities for their enjoyment of Shakespearean theatre and other arts.